7 caring tips for your gerberas
Enjoy your gerberas for as long as possible!
- Use a clean vase. It is best to clean it with chlorine.
- Fill the vase with about 10 cm of water. Make sure the water level is not too high: the gerbera stems could rot.
- Add a few drops of chlorine to the water. This makes all bacteria disappear from your vase.
- Cut the stems with a sharp knife. This allows the flowers to absorb more water.
- Use cut flower food if you have a mixed bouquet with other flowers.
- Keep the gerberas away from draft, heat, sun and the fruit bowl.
- Change the water regularly, clean the vase and then cut off a piece of the stem again
Enjoy your gerberas!